First thing I did was paint the walls. The color we went with was Benjamin Moore Camro White which is a Pottery Barn Spring & Summer 2012 color. It brightened up the walls and made the room feel bigger. Here is the after.
The first thing I did was stencil the bird on a branch and scroll at the top of the wall. I love how it turned out. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut vinyl for the image and the placed the vinyl on the wall and used a stencil brush to paint it, the color is also from the Pottery Barn line for Benjamin Moore, Mill Springs Blue. I hope to have a post with more details on the stencil. I was pretty proud of myself with how it turned out. My mom and I removed the original mirror....guess we are expecting 7 years bad luck because we ended up covering the whole thing in tape and prying it off the wall with a putty knife, it was in about a gazillion pieces. Lots of wall repair followed. The mirror was something my mom found at Goodwill....it was painted exactly like you see it...it was perfect. I DIYed the artwork. I found poppy images I liked and then used Mod Podge to seal them onto canvas. The shelves were a pain...had to call in hubby to help get them just right. For Christmas a couple years ago my MIL got me the dragonfly toilet flusher...I LOVE IT. I also broke the toilet seat during painting so it was a perfect time to upgrade to a soft close seat. Here are some more detailed pictures.